Gilah is an Orthodox Jewish nursery for children from the age of 2 years until primary school. Children will be offered a place at the beginning of the term they turn 2 years of age.
Gilah aims to:
- Provide high quality care and education for children below statutory school age.
- Work in partnership with parents and carers to help children learn and develop.
- Add to the life and well being of the community.
- Offer children and their parents a service which promotes equality and diversity.
As a member of Gilah Nursery School, your child
- Is in a safe and stimulating environment
- Is given generous care and attention because of our high ratio of adults to children
- Has the chance to join with other children to live, play, work and learn together
- Is helped to take forward his/her learning and development by building on what he/she already knows and can do
- Has a personal key worker who makes sure your child makes satisfactory progress
- Is in an environment which sees you as a partner in helping your child to learn
- Is in an environment in which parents help to shape the service offered.
Our policy statements are designed to underpin the educational opportunities at Gilah. Copies of the nursery’s policies are available to all parents and are displayed on the nursery notice boards. The policies help us to make sure that the service provided by Gilah Nursery is a high quality one. The staff, parents and governors have worked together with the Rabbi to formulate and adapt the policies and they are reviewed annually. Reviewing the policies ensures that Gilah nursery is continuing to provide a high quality service for the community.
Gilah Nursery is open for about 180 days a year. We are closed for the Chagim and for time needed to prepare and clear away for the festivals. We are open five days a week, for three hour sessions between 9am and 12:15pm. Gilah offers extended care on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8am until (for older children) 2:00pm or 2:15pm. From time to time we also have afternoon sessions for younger children between 1:00pm and 3:30pm.
More information can be found in our Parent Information Booklet.